Shunra VE Desktop for HP LoadRunner
The only WAN emulation technology now featured and integrated directly within HP LoadRunner v9.5
Upgrade to HP LoadRunner 9.5 or HP Performance Center 9.5 and have access to Shunra's WAN emulator directly while load testing for the most successful performance testing results. Access to the only HP Certified WAN Emulation solution on the market that was co-developed by HP Software and Shunra offers new powerful benefits:
- Enables each load generator to emulate a different network location
- Eliminates the need to deploy load generators remotely
- Aggregates end-to-end results into a single database
- Replaces LoadRunner WAN Emulation (MWE), last seen in LoadRunner version 8.1 (released July 2005)
- Achieves thorough performance testing with WAN Emulation
- Makes existing testing scripts network-aware with a click of a button
WAN emulator is conducted on a per load generator basis. Since this is a co-developed solution, it is seamlessly integrated and intuitive to configure and use. There are no script edits required, no limits on test scheduling, and results are automatically saved within the scenario.
How does WAN Emulation work with load testing?
When configuring WAN Emulation within HP LoadRunner, there are no script changes required. For more advanced configurations, use the Network Editor capability to select advanced network settings no longer tied to a server. Key advanced testing options include:
- Jitter and packet loss patterns
- Asymmetric bandwidth
- Link Failures
Eliminate Global Load Generators
- No need to install and manage load generators in remote offices around the world
- Benefit directly from deployment of WAN Emulation with accurate user load testing
- Ability to locally schedule, re-run or configure network aware testing
- Enable scripts to act as if they are in any location
WAN Emulation with Load Testing is an Essential Best Practice
Defining a valid load test environment is complex. If the environment does not reflect real-world conditions it is probable that the results and decisions made to deploy the application will not be valid. Shunra's experience in helping customers maximize the effectiveness of their load testing process has shown that without incorporating the impact of the WAN on the production infrastructure, the results of load tests are usually incomplete. Use of Shunra WAN Emulation along with load testing enables the detection of:
Latency impact – Latency is the number one most significant network impact on applications today. It is also something that you have very little control over. Latency causes the transactions and sessions to stay open longer than they would on a LAN. Without incorporating the WAN effects of delay into a load test, memory usage, thread usage, and other critical server resources can be significantly understated.
Bandwidth limitations – Bandwidth limits how much data can be transferred in a certain amount of time. Its constraints affect transactions "in-flight" causing them to take longer to complete and impacting important server resources.
Network impact – Where specific response time goals are being targeted, it is important to incorporate the overall effect of the network into testing to examine the impact on total response time.
Shunra enables you to accurately assess total response time for remote users prior to deployment, and can analyze the breakdown of total response time into the client, network, and server components.
This enables users to diagnose and resolve transactions that will not consistently meet your response time goals.