Micro Focus SilkTest® 2009
PowerTest can assist you in the evaluation, purchase, and implementation of SilkTest.
Micro Focus SilkTest® 2009 (formerly Borland SilkTest) is a proven choice of QA professionals for powerful, functional and regression test automation. SilkTest supports traditional and Agile testing and continues the tradition of enabling strong, robust functional testing against the latest technologies.
- The fastest recording and execution of functional test scripts available today, in both Java® and 4Test®
- Optimized testing for developers and testers in traditional and agile environments
- Extended support for .NET development and cross-browser recording and playback
- Advanced dynamic object recognition and synchronization for fast, clean, efficient, quality testing
- Integration with Micro Focus' software test management tool, SilkCentral Test Manager and SilkPerformer® delivers enhanced management capabilities that support a mature and complete functional and regression testing process
- Built-in support for testing Adobe Flex applications using Internet Explorer, Firefox, the Standalone Flex Player, and Adobe AIR
- Script developers have the option of using Silk4J™, an Eclipse plug-in that allows you to create and execute Java test scripts using advanced Open Agent technology. Silk4J is available as a standalone license as well.
Functional Testing of Web Services
Functional testing of Web services in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) requires the ability to test without a user interface. Micro Focus delivers this capability with SilkPerformer® SOA Edition.
SilkPerformer® SOA Edition and .NET/Java Explorers support the testing of Java or.NET Web services by testing the following key criteria:
- Unit/component validation: assures individual services work properly in the developer's environment
- Functionality: ensures that services actually meet business expectations and deliver value from an end-user perspective
- Performance: makes certain that Web services perform well under heavy, concurrent usage
- Interoperability: makes sure that Web services continue working as designed when combined with other services individually or under load conditions