Micro Focus SilkPerformer®
The Quality Choice for Software Application Performance and Load Testing
SilkPerformer® offers a cost-effective, enterprise-class tool for software application performance and load testing, delivering automated software load, stress and performance testing in an open and sharable model. With SilkPerformer, you can create powerful, realistic load tests for thousands of users running business scenarios across a broad range of enterprise application environments to identify bottlenecks, and then apply powerful diagnostics to resolve performance issues. A visual approach to test creation, root-cause analysis wizards and Java & .NET deep diagnostics make it amazingly simple and efficient to use, removing the cost and complexity associated with other enterprise load testing tools that restrict usage to one or, at most, several projects or teams.
Software Application Performance and Load Testing Benefits
- Reduced R&D costs. Minimize test and fix cycles and better utilize expensive resources.
- Improved ROI. Provide greater access to test creation and execution for more team members and support a higher number of virtual users per box.
- Leverage current investments. Reduce your investment in multiple tools and training, exploit new technologies and maintain business confidence even as technologies change.
- Quick user adoption. Discover ease of use with step-by-step workflow wizards.
Software Application Performance and Load Testing Features
- Rich reporting and trending enable informed decision making and quick isolation of performance defects
- Simple, cost-efficient virtual user model allows license sharing and term-based access
- Load Test Resource Management allows you to plan load test execution and maximize your environment's potential
- End-to-end diagnostic capabilities include code-level root-cause resolution for Java and .NET applications, client- and server-side analysis, and performance trend reporting
- Eclipse plug-in and Microsoft Visual Studio add-on expand test creation capabilities
- Integration with Micro Focus' powerful software test management tools, and StarTeam®, a software change and configuration management tool
- Realistic, lightweight and accurate simulation minimizes the hardware resources needed per virtual user, enabling more and larger load tests.
Web Services Performance Testing
Performance and load testing of Web services in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) requires a versatile tool that provides various validation dimensions. delivers this capability in two ways:
- SilkPerformer SOA Edition, for new users or standalone SOA testing
- .NET Explorer or Java™ Explorer, add-ons to SilkPerfomer
More on SilkPerformer SOA Edition
SilkPerformer SOA Edition and .NET/Java Explorers support the testing of Java or.NET Web services by testing the following key criteria:
- Unit/component validation: assures individual services work properly in the developer's environment
- Functionality: ensures that services actually meet business expectations and deliver value from an end-user perspective
- Performance: makes certain that Web services perform well under heavy, concurrent usage
- Interoperability: makes sure that Web services continue working as designed when combined with other services individually or under load conditions